[Sca-cooks] Saffron source was Re: Onion Juice and Saffron measurements.

Louise Smithson helewyse at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 6 07:45:46 PST 2007

Ysabeau wrote:
Again, while checking out the spices, I found saffron on the bottom shelf
for $6 a gram and at the top of the shelf for $18 for 1.25 grams...what a
price difference!

Personally I think both of those prices are too expensive.  I have had considerable sucess with www.saffron.com
they charge $23.50 for half an ounce of saffron threads.  And they are saffron threads, of high quality, very dark, wonderfully fragrant.  Seroiusly worth checking out.
Their vanilla is also stupid cheap (and yummy), Tahitian vanilla for $19.95 a pound.
I have bought both and am very happy with the products. (plus they tend to send you free vanilla extract and saffron soap when you order).
Helewyse
(not being paid to advertise this, honestly)