[Sca-cooks] OOP Gold for Food Technique Questions

Cat . tgrcat2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 16 07:26:52 PDT 2007

Thank you for the suggestions Johnnae

I will see what our library can ILL for me (I keep
forgetting ILL as an option.)   I had googled (and
found many places selling the stuff, but not much on
instructions or techniques.  I had also checked the
file in the Floriligium (thank you Stefan) and found
good stuff as usual but not quite what I was hoping
for.

How can I keep the gold smooth when applying it to
something like a glazed cake?

Is there a way (other than purchasing pre-made
sprinkles, since I already have leaf) to get gold leaf
into the champagne glass, preferably something I can
do in advance, rather than at the last moment.  (this
being done at a country club, I cant just prep the
classes the day before, or I would take that option.)
Does anyone have a source for champagne with gold in
it that could get to Colorado within 2 weeks?

In Service
Gwen Cat

Message: 7