[Sca-cooks] Origin of pudding with a vinegar syrup?

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 07:04:16 PDT 2007

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ever heard of or knows of an English, French or Dutch pudding that includes a syrup made from vinegar? One of my friends is looking for the historical antecedents of the South African pudding recipe asynpoeding (vinegar pudding). It's similar to a self-saucing pudding, but is baked with a syrup spooned over it then served with custard. The vinegar is in the syrup not the pudding. I'm not a huge sweets person so I have no idea.

ciao
Lucrezia

PS Thanks for all the afternoon tea suggestions - I will tell you how it goes!

This electronic message contains information from CACI International Inc or
subsidiary companies, which may be confidential, proprietary,
privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure.  The information is
intended to be used solely by the recipient(s) named above.  If you are not
an intended recipient, be aware that any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this transmission or its contents is prohibited.  If
you have received this transmission in error, please notify us immediately
at postmaster at caci.co.uk
Viruses: Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and
attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good
computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.

CACI Limited. Registered in England & Wales. Registration No. 1649776. CACI House, Avonmore Road, London, W14 8TS.