[Sca-cooks] Home cooked alternatives - Eatihng habits

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Wed May 2 18:28:22 PDT 2007

    Your ideas are wonderful but careful. My kids say I am the worst of
the cooks for changing menus. It really is humorous. For the first dish
one day I offered a salad. It was pure cilantro instead of a salad with
a bit of cilantro. It was disgusting. I passed my plate to my son who
passed it to his father and we passed it to the trash! My kids explain
how I over do changes cause we are so mundane on a daily basis I do try
to be more exotic but as you say freezing things over the week-end is
great so we can have something more romantic on week-days. That works
great in our house. Whooh I think sweet potatoes a dish perfect with
white sauce..
     As far as dining is concerned we are religious about that in our
Hispanic world. We have one meal a day with the family per day. It
really got to me one summer in the states when I left my very best
friend's house her daughter was eating a pizza on the living room floor,
her son was eating something in his bedroom and she had her canned tuna
in the kitchen. My son always fixes something for supper and we eat it
informally together and I do something for the big midday meal as we can
have that.
     It is our form of communication. Those sit down sessions are so
important to me for I  explain to my  husband how much I love him and
each of my children and they chew me out for serving a meal that stinks
when appropriate but we renew our love!
Suey