[Sca-cooks] Packing from the Nimatnama

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius1 at verizon.net
Thu May 17 09:04:21 PDT 2007

On May 17, 2007, at 10:28 AM, Susan Fox wrote:

> I don't know many Susans other than the strong headed type, in fact
> nor
> fiction.  Susan Ivanova from Babylon 5;  Large and in charge.
> Sigourney
> Weaver's real first name is Susan.  Susan Shwartz, SF writer, who has
> unequivocally stated that "Susans Rule The Universe" and I believe
> her.

I vaguely recall there being an evil youth gang in the movie
adaptation of "Mystery Men" called the Suzies...

> It almost makes up for those stupid songs they taunt us with.
> Suzie Q.
> Wake Up Little Suzie.  A Boy Named Sue.  Gaaah.  And after 40 odd
> years,
> I think I have finally broken my family of calling a turntable a "lazy
> susan".  Harrumph.

Tell them you're considering Suing them for defamation.

At least you never had to deal with the combination of that first
name with the surname of "Wong", and the inevitable consequences.

"Hello, Suzy, how's it going?"
"I'm doing great, but if you don't mind, it's Susan. How about you?"
"Oh, sorry, Suzy. Susan."
"I'm sorry too, I'm a little sensitive about being called Sue or
Suzy. Sue is my mother, and Susan is an anglicized form of my Chinese
name, taken from Dr. Sun Yat-sen..."
"Okay, Suzy."
"...AND NOT FROM A FICTIONAL PROSTITUTE!!!"
"Boy, that Suzy Wong is touchy..."

Adamantius