[Sca-cooks] Unfermented Ale was: barley water?

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Thu May 17 09:59:12 PDT 2007

>Of course, there was the time we made a completely unfermented ale
>the morning of an East Kingdom Twelfth Night, and everyone wanted to
>know if the sweet iced tea we were serving was period...
>
>Adamantius

I like this. As someone who is trying to provide more period alternative
drinks to feasters I'd love to know how to make this. Right now I usually
serve a diluted fruit syrup at feast, and will be making period lemonade
in a pipkin over coals for my King's College class.
But I would love to make some small ales with little or no alcoholic value.

How did you do it and where can I go look for this.
I've never really done any kind of brewing so be gentle with me. I'm
delicate.

Yers,

Gunthar