[Sca-cooks] Milk Roasted

Ana Valdés agora158 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 13:56:09 PDT 2007

I ate in Spain some weeks ago something called "fried milk", a very ancient
recipe. They cook milk, add some flour and when the milk have became a kind
of pudding they add some sugar att they fry it.
Ana

On 5/17/07, Elise Fleming <alysk at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> Greetings!  The Hampton Court cooks were trying this recipe when I was
> there and have just posted it on their web site:
>
> >Milke Rostys.
> >Take swete Mylke, an do it in a panne; take Eyroun with alle
> >þe whyte, & swenge hem, & caste þer-to; colour it with Safroun,
> >& boyle it so þat it wexe þikke; þan draw it þorw a straynoure,
> >& nym that leuyth, & presse it: & whan it is cold, larde it, &
> >schere on schevres, & roste it on a Gredelle, & serue forth.
>
> They didn't have much success with it.  Has anyone on the list tried it?
> Seems to me that they made a sort of fresh curd with it for it was hanging
> suspended in a cloth from at least Saturday (maybe Friday) until Sunday.
> They sliced it and tried to put it on a skewer - which didn't work - and
> then propped it in front of a charcoal fire which resulted a little
> better,
> but not much.  I just wondered if any SCAdians had followed the original
> and what the results were.
>
> Alys Katharine
>
> Elise Fleming
> alysk at ix.netcom.com
> http://home.netcom.com/~alysk/

Skarpnäcks Allé 45 ll tr
12833 Skarpnäck
Sweden
tel +468-943288
mobil 4670-3213370

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your
eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you will always long
to return.
— Leonardo da Vinci