[Sca-cooks] Meanderings on family histories and foods

Alexandria Doyle garbaholic at gmail.com
Fri May 18 11:06:14 PDT 2007

> > Oooh!  Creamed eggs on toast!  My (German) mother used to make this
>
> Okay. The next crucial question is, did this dish have any other name
> but creamed eggs?

In my middle school home ec class this was called "eggs a la
goldenrod".  That was some thirty years ago, in northern parts of
Indiana.  It was never something we served at home - dad was first
generation American from East Chicago with Slovak decent, mom was from
Texas, and had the general melting pot background - though she can
walk down a street in Germany today and be thought a German until she
spoke.

alex
--
I can handle anything that life throws at me.
I may not be able to handle it well, or correctly, or gracefully, or