[Sca-cooks] Just say coke, was Meanderings on family histories

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Sat May 19 23:46:44 PDT 2007

>At least restaurants etc. in the states let you know
>ist not coca cola when you order a coke (usually
>Pepsi, but ones they said it was RC cola)  here I only
>know its pepsi when I get it and its too sweet (if I
>knew I would get sparkling lemnoade instead sigh)
>
>Yes, people just order Coke
>
>Arianwen ferch Arthur

Just this afternoon I ordered a coke, and received a Coke. Local
restaurants here will tell us if their product is Pepsi, rather than
Coke. At that point I just smile and say "as long as its cola-based,
caffeinated and sweetened" it's fine with me.

Personally, I find all the diet-cola products to be taste
abominations. I'd rather drink a diet orange or other fruit-flavored
soda (my generic term for carbonated beverages). YMMV.

Morgana in Alaska
--
Tactics is knowing what to do when there is something to do. Strategy
is knowing what to do when there is nothing to do. --Savielly