[Sca-cooks] Meanderings on family histories and foods

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Mon May 21 06:09:33 PDT 2007

Great...thanks.  I guess my recipe for my potato salad is somewhat similar
in that I don't have any quantities...but then the only thing I can think of
that would involve really any measuring is if you opt to make your own
pesto.  The cool thing about the salad is that it doesn't involve any eggs
or dairy, which means that it survives quite well at picnics or cookouts.

Use red-skinned potatoes and cut them into large chunks.  Do not peel them.
Boil them until they are tender.  Drain, rinse with cold water to stop the
cooking.  In a bowl, mix the potatoes with pesto, pine nuts and freshly
grated parmesan or romano cheese.  Chill it before serving.  It's amazingly
good!

Kiri