[Sca-cooks] diet cola beverages

Helen Schultz meisterin02 at yahoo.com
Mon May 21 08:33:32 PDT 2007

And then there are those of us who actually prefer Diet Pepsi to Diet Coke... I can taste the aspartame (which I've been told is made from grapefruit rind??) in the Diet Coke, but not in the Diet Pepsi <shrug>.  I have to drink only diet beverages because of high triglycerides, and am allowed only one caffienated cola (of any sort) per day because of Osteoporosis, and that also includes any of the dark colas, decaffeinated or not.  So, I mostly do non-cola diet drinks.  I guess I am one of the few people who is not sensitive or allergic to any of the artificial sweeteners... but you don't want to be around me when I over-indulge in some of the artificially sweetend candies... I don't smell so good and make that smell rather loudly. <sheepish grin>

  ~~ Katarina Helene

Martha Oser <osermart at msu.edu> wrote:
  Mistress Kiri wrote:

> However, there are a few of us out there who can tell the difference. I'm a
> Coke person all the way, if I'm drinking dark fizzy cola-type product. If I
> get served Pepsi, I get somewhat annoyed...and it does happen!
>
> Kiri

Yep, I can tell the difference between Coke and Pepsi too. Pepsi always
tastes a little...flat...to me.

An ex of mine was also amazed that I could tell the difference in taste
between caffeinated diet coke and caffeine free diet coke.

-Helena