[Sca-cooks] Horchata - Barley Water - galingale

Suey lordhunt at gmail.com
Wed May 23 16:34:21 PDT 2007

Phil Troy has pointed out to me that sadly I am missing Larousse
Gastronomique from my bibliography. Many thanks I totally agree but
while trying to figure out how I can see it in French, English and
Spanish I would really appreciate it if someone could quote the text in
whatever language. Now Phil to prove his point that chufa can be
galingale in English he cites:

http://www.hlasek.com/cyperus_fuscus_11079.html
http://www.liberherbarum.com/Pn0963.HTM
http://www.plantnames.unimelb.edu.au/Sorting/Cyperus.html

The first reference states that the English for Cyperus fuscus is brown
galingale. The second says Cyperus Longus is galingale. The third
confirms that Cyperus Longus is galingale or sweet galingale. Excuse me
but I am not talking about these species. I am talking about Cyperus
esculentus. Looking through google I do not find that in English it can
be galingale.
Suey