[Sca-cooks] Home cooked alternatives

Ysabeau lady.ysabeau at gmail.com
Wed May 2 09:34:06 PDT 2007

LOL...you sound like you have the energy of my 11-year-old!

A typical evening for me is to get off work at 4:30, go to the gym and
work out for an hour or so (I've lost 100lbs so far!), go pick up my
daughter around 6ish, head home to go over homework while I heat
something up for dinner which takes about an hour - while doing
dishes, rotating laundry, etc. Typically it is a dinner similar to
what you describe, baking some sort of fish with sauce or spice in the
oven while making a salad. It typically is some kind of fish or
chicken that I can prepare and walk away from and can be done in 15
minutes or less. Between Girl Scouts, rehearsing for talent shows,
homework, school projects, the occasional opportunity to go SCA
meetings squeezed in, PTA, another organization I'm part of...there is
usually activities between 6 and 8 p.m. or later that take us out of
the house two to three nights a week. Next year, she will be adding
pep squad two nights a week with one night of games that go until
after 9 p.m. I get to squeeze housework and craft time into the mix
somehow. Then I'm in bed by 10ish so I can get up at 5:45 to start all
over again.

Ysabeau