[Sca-cooks] Home cooked alternatives

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Wed May 2 09:39:42 PDT 2007

On 5/2/07, Ysabeau <lady.ysabeau at gmail.com> wrote:
> What about the rest of ya'll? How often do you really dine vs eat? I'm
> not trying to combative or start a fuss. I'm truly curious. I just
> find that it is more of a treat than an everyday occurence and curious
> I'm alone in that or if it is more common.
>
> Ysabeau

Well, since R&M are working, and I'm not, I cook most of the meals. If
I don't cook, I'll pre-prep foods.

Lessee- last night, we had corned beef my way. R&M usually just boil
it with veggies. I let the corned beef slow simmer most of the day,
just with water, then towards supper time put it on a baking pan,
buttered it with Grey Poupon mustard, and let it cook at 350 until the
mustard formed a nice crust. Meantime, I cut carrots and potatoes up,
and threw them in the corned beef fluid. When they got home, I added
the celery, and 15 minutes later we had food.

One difficulty I have fe3eding them is they don't always let me know
when they're coming home, so since their times of arrival can vary
from about 6:30 to 9:30 (and sometimes later) I need to make stuff
that will hold well.

Night before, M said she wanted stir fry, so I cut up chicken and
veggies for them, and made myself Chicken a la Benson.

Sunday night, we had leg of lamb, on the grill, which had been
mainated in wine and spices all day.

Thinking about an experiment for tomorrow- making scalloped potatoes
and ham with sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes, but tonight,
we're going to have a simple roast chicken.

And. M has gotten the URGE, so either Sat night or Sun evening, we're
going to the all-you-can-eat lobster bar. Might skip meals for a
couple days, in prep for that ;-)

--
Saint Phlip

Heat it up
Hit it hard
Repent as necessary.

Priorities:

HIPAA Penalties

42USC1320d-6 Wrongful disclosure of individually identifiable health information

(a) Offense

A person who knowingly and in violation of this part-

(1) uses or causes to be used a unique health identifier;

(2) obtains individually identifiable health information relating to
an individual; or

(3) discloses individually identifiable health information to another person,

shall be punished as provided in subsection (b).

(b) Penalties

A person described in subsection (a) shall-

(1) be fined not more than $50,000, imprisoned not more than 1 year, or both;