[Sca-cooks] final report out on the bagel/pretzel experiment

Nick Sasso grizly at mindspring.com
Mon May 7 12:08:53 PDT 2007

-----Original Message-----

< < < SNIP > > >

Some of each was then presented to the testers.  Test subjects were one
pre-teen, one teenager, one non SCA adult male and one self-professed bread
expert.

The wild yeast was more believable as a bagel.  It produced a softer bread
with a sweeter taste.  My daughter thought that it was very similar to the
egg-bread that I make.

The dry yeast was more believable as a pretzel. It was more firm with more
textue, which surprised me, because going in to the process I was assuming
the opposite.  My wild yeast breads have always been firmer than my dry
yeast breads.

Both were pronounced extremely yummy.  Chances are better than average that
one or both will make an appearance in the camp-box at Uprising. > > > > >

I have misplaced your initial info on the experiements with the recipes and
processes.  Would you be willing to re-post of send to me privately?   nick
<at> grantville <dot> net

pacem et bonum,
niccolo difrancesco