[Sca-cooks] OT: beer ad

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Wed May 16 07:59:54 PDT 2007

On Mon, 14 May 2007, Sharron Albert wrote:

> Greetings!
>
> Has anyone else noticed the recent Samuel Adams beer ad, referring to
> their Summer Ale, with lemon and that 'traditional' brewing spice,
> grains of paradise?
>
> I'd almost be willing to hunt it down and check it out...and I'm not
> much of a beer drinker.
>
> Morgana yr Oerfa, usual lurker

It's been out every summer for a couple of years. I recall it as light
with a hint of lemon, drinkable but really not anything special. Then
again, as Master A. mentioned, it *is* mass-produced.

I'm mostly just peeved at my local Whole Foods for not carrying long
pepper but not grains of paradise.

And, for the obligatory actual period food reference, I am going to be
making jalabs again for the summer, and I plan on attempting the
pomegranate jalab again. This time I think I might try the crock pot--I've
never heard of anyone caramelizing sugar in a crock pot. ;-)

Margaret FitzWilliam