[Sca-cooks] Cold soup with almonds

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu May 17 08:32:02 PDT 2007

It's interesting to run the ingredients as a search--
'cold almond soup grapes recipe' turns up
http://uktv.co.uk/index.cfm/uktv/food.recipe/aid/533318
Ajo Blanco (Chilled Garlic and Almond Soup with Grapes)
http://www.slimspaniards.com/index.php/recipes/chapter/classics/P3/
There's an almond onion soup in Maxime de la Falaise's _Seven Centuries
of English Cooking.

It's mentioned highly in the Florilegium.

Is there a pre-1600 recipe?

Johnnae