[Sca-cooks] Milk Roasted

ranvaig at columbus.rr.com ranvaig at columbus.rr.com
Thu May 17 21:32:41 PDT 2007

>  >Seems to me that they made a sort of fresh curd with it
>
>It doesn't sound much like curd to me, but it does sound a bit like some
>fried custard I had a while back.

It sounds like Indian Paneer to me, which is used for frying, because
it doesn't melt.  I've never tried putting it on a spit.  Paneer is
weighted, if they just had it hanging, perhaps the cheese didnt get
dense enough.  The cheese I've made holds together when you slice it,
but I haven't put it on a spit.  I came close with the batch that got
cooked on a too slow a fire, and was somewhere between caramelized
and smoked.

BTW, the new oven is here.  I made up a batch of Asiago, Dried
Tomato, Basil bread when I got home.  The oven is on, but is making
some fumes, I'm waiting for that to clear off before I put in the
bread. No pilots!!!

Ranvaig