[Sca-cooks] Names

devra at aol.com devra at aol.com
Fri May 18 10:58:32 PDT 2007

You Susans have it easy. I am named Devra (a variant of Debra/Deborah, slightly closer to the Hebrew, perhaps) and in my life have met face to face only three other Devras. Online there are perhaps 50 of us worldwide, most, naturally, in Israel. So of course I get mail from people who know A Devra and assume that I am THEIR Devra, since she is unique in the world....

This is right up there with getting mail for PoisonED Pen Press, a mystery publisher. Good thing that I am a nice person and forward their mail to them.

Devra, grumbling under her breath