[Sca-cooks] Horchata - Barley Water

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Sat May 19 16:02:29 PDT 2007

Suey, in another thread you wrote
>The Spaniards call it tisana or ordinate. Although the dictionary of
>the Spanish Royal Academy defines ordinate as a drink, the recipes
>in Sent Sovi and Nola are thicker. In one of Sent Sovi's barley
>flour is boiled in chicken broth until it becomes a heavy cream and
>then mixed it with almond milk and sugar.

Can you please post the Sent Sovi recipe? The original in its
original Catalan would be nice, as well as a translation into a
modern Western European language - I'd prefer English, but modern
Spanish or modern Catalan would be fine. While i can generally manage
to blunder my way through Medieval/Renaissance Spanish, i have less
fortune with Medieval/Renaissance Catalan.

Thanks,
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita