[Sca-cooks] recommendations for fat

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Wed May 23 07:18:09 PDT 2007

I've often wondered, since I've seen it in recipes, but not actually met it
in the flesh, so to speak, what is so *special* about fat from the tail of
the animal? Is it of a particular consistency? Are the tails particularly
fatty? I'm assuming (perhaps erroneously) that the fat would be rendered
from the tail in much the same way as one renders lard?
--Maire