[Sca-cooks] Cuisinart stick blender

Pixel, Goddess and Queen pixel at hundred-acre-wood.com
Thu May 10 08:19:50 PDT 2007

On Thu, 10 May 2007, Heleen Greenwald wrote:

> I just scored a Cuisinart stick blender on Freecycle. It is dirty and
> needs to be cleaned up but it appears to be one solid piece from the
> blade to the cord... nothing seems to come apart. Is there a trick to
> taking it apart? Am I doomed to cleaning it always by hand?
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
> Phillipa

If your Cuisinart is anything like my Braun, then yes, you are doomed to
forever cleaning it by hand. HOWEVER, if you immediately clean it after
using it, it pretty much rinses clean. I have one of those huge plastic
cups that I fill half-full with hot water and a drop or two of detergent
and then immerse the blender and run it for a few pulses to clean it, and
it works pretty well. It's the same idea as running hot water and soap in
your regular blender to clean it, really.

Yours,

Margaret FitzWilliam