[Sca-cooks] flapjack question

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Thu May 10 12:28:57 PDT 2007

There's a recipe here for Whole Oat Flapjacks
http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/whole-oat-flapjacks,1724,RC.html
In some modern versions these look like baked granola bars, complete
with chocolate chips.
I suspect the medieval ancestor might be an oatcake, although those weren't
sweetened. I suspect the oven baking came much later.

Johnnae