[Sca-cooks] Names (of topic)

Helen Schultz meisterin02 at yahoo.com
Thu May 17 10:26:44 PDT 2007

I wanted to use just the German rendition of my mundane name which is Helen, but was shot down by not quite so knowledgeable Heralds in Drachenwald, so I chose it as my middle name and went with Katarina Helene (pronounced as if that last "e" is a short "a".  I also found out later that there were many spellings of Katarina in German as well, but this one seemed to be OK.  Trying to get people to use the name as a pair is the hardest part... most people want to use just the first name, but in the late 14th century, most Germanic names were used as a pair, like Karl Theodor, or Elisabeth Louise (which became Lisalotta, I think), etc.

  ~~ Meisterin Katarina Helene