[Sca-cooks] Meanderings on family histories and foods, was, Re: Packing from the Nimatnama

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Sat May 19 07:52:14 PDT 2007

Certainly.  It's pretty commonly used here, as a way to distinguish "dark
colored, caffeinated fizzy beverage" from "other fizzy beverages" (such as
7-UP, Sprite, Orange Crush, etc.).
Calling it "soda pop" or "pop" is just, sort of, well, overly-scrubbed,
G-rated and eastern/effete.....Biff and his girlfriend, in their
pink-and-green preppy clothes, would order a "soda pop."
--Maire, seriously dating herself with the preppy reference, oh well....