[Sca-cooks] Pennsic cooking thing.

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Wed May 23 13:09:20 PDT 2007

>I'll be doing my regular camp big meal on Thursday, Aug 9... We plan to try
>to do it with all period methods (or as close as we can... might use some
>modern Dutch ovens, etc), but anyone is welcome to stop by.  We usually
>camp on St. Lawrence Way in N-01... Good Friends Camp.  Any of you are more
>than welcome to drop by and chat or watch.  I think I will be teaching the
>last day in a 4-day bookbinding class in the morning, between 10am and
>noon, so any time after noon would be fine.  I won't be doing my usual pig
>this year, but we were thinking of maybe a leg of lamb and a couple
>chickens on the spits, and who knows what else in period crockery to go
>with it.  I have two pieces of crockery so far, and plan to pick up more at
>Pennsic before the feast.
>
>   ~~ Meisterin Katarina Helene

My friend Eadric the Potter did his first shoppe at Pennsic last year.
Since then he has been awarded a Laurel (I got to make a medallion for him!)
for his pottery work.  Some on this list are very familiar with his work
(waves...hi Kiri!).  I believe he will be at Pennsic again this year.  If
you want to take a look at his wares, along with his documentation for his
wares, look here:
http://www.ironwoodpottery.com/default.html
A couple weeks ago at Crown Tourney I saw one of his braziers in action.  I
see the rest of his wares all over the Kingdom and beyond.
Olwen