[Sca-cooks] Comfit Making

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Tue May 29 20:33:06 PDT 2007

Greetings Alys,

Yes, I'm interested. As are others from the various replies.

But did I miss a link somewhere? If not, please send it to me and
I'll get it online ASAP and then announce it here again. Perhaps that
will keep you from getting too overloaded with requests.

[ Okay, I was emailing Alys with this privately, but I've decided to
go ahead and post this. If folks will wait just a few days I will get
her article online in the Florilegium. Perhaps this will keep her
from getting so inundated. ]

Why did you raise the temperature? Was this a trial and error sort of
thing? Or did you find some medieval description or recipe that lead
to this?

Thanks,
   Stefan

<<< Greetings!  I have finally written up instructions for making smooth
comfits.  I'd be glad to send a copy to anyone who wants one - and if
Stefan wants it for the Florilegium, be my guest.  The sugar
temperature is
much different than for ragged comfits!

Alys Katharine >>>

--------