[Sca-cooks] yeast reservoirs?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu May 3 19:22:27 PDT 2007

In the thread on pretzels, Master Cariadoc mentioned:

<<< Note 3: The recipe is for a leavened bread, but
no leavening is mentioned. My guess is that it is
using either sourdough or a kneading trough with
its own yeast culture. I used sourdough. >>>

Interesting point about the impregnated kneading trough and a good
thing to keep in mind when wondering if a bread is leavened or not.

Anybody ever used one of these kneading troughs or something similar,
long enough that it might become a reservoir for some yeast and then
found that the new dough would pick up enough yeast from the trough
that it would affect the dough?

Thanks,
   Stefan
--------