[Sca-cooks] How old is barley water?

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Thu May 17 05:05:39 PDT 2007

Salvete

I am trying to nudge my group into being more careful
what they eat (too many of them still eat things
documentable as late as 1950 or later at events). I am
to hae the chance to do this nudging at two camp demos
next month, and I'm going to give it some effort, with
camp-made moretum and home-baked whole wheat bread,
lentil stew, roast meats and fish, and fritters. But
I'm still wondering about drinks. I know there's beer
and wine, and grape must. I've given them vinegar
water before. Now I'm wondering whether barley water
makes sense. it sounds interesting and gets mentioned
quite a bit in 'period' contexts, but is it
documentable?

      __________________________________  Yahoo! Clever: Stellen Sie Fragen und finden Sie Antworten. Teilen Sie Ihr Wissen. www.yahoo.de/clever