[Sca-cooks] confectonary boxes

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Nov 10 11:47:04 PST 2007

Urtatim mentioned:

<<< While researching all sorts of sweets for the Duchesses' Ball last
year, I read that in the 16th C. fruits pastes meant to be sliced
were kept in special boxes - these would be rather shallow and wide,
so the paste could be easily sliced and removed for serving. >>>

Here is some info on these boxes which came up when we discussed
these on this list previously.
confctny-boxs-msg (12K)  6/27/07    Period confectionary boxes.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-SWEETS/confctny-boxs-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas