[Sca-cooks] questions relating to food on airlines

Olwen the Odd olwentheodd at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 1 07:42:31 PDT 2007

Freegan = if it's free, you eat it.  Dumpster divers eat a lot of free stuff, most of it very good stuff.  Some places, like Panera, will even go so far as to separtate the good food products (stuff by law is too old to sell but is still good stuff) from the general trash.  Other places, like Whole Foods make a policy of destroying all their excess and damaged foods and locking it up with cameras so that folks can't get to it easily.  There are a lot of places that produce or package organic foods and cheese places that are fairly open to the freegans to visit their bins, even to the point of not watching as folks haul off truck loads of stuff.
Olwen