[Sca-cooks] Sushi was: Re: Medieval questionaire

Audrey Bergeron-Morin audreybmorin at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 19:08:42 PDT 2007

> I'm in Oregon. I hardly know a sushi place where there isn't a
> conveyor belt. In fact, I can't think of any but the mixed-venue
> restaurants.  Everywhere I know there's either a conveyor belt or in
> one really sweet restaurant servers who're literally moving dishes
> around the inner counter the whole time.

I've never seen one of those around here in Montreal. They're all sushi bars
where you actually sit at the bar and the chef makes them to order, and a
section of tables where you can order from the menu. No fun. The absolutely
very best sushi around here is a takeout place about the size of my kitchen.
I've never had fish this fresh, rice this tender and nori this un-rubbery...
One of the rare places where the chef is actually a Japanese (most are
either Chinese or Vietnamese). When we do make it to Japan, I hope we get to
try a good Japanese one... see how it compares :-)