[Sca-cooks] Norse food

Stefan li Rous stefanlirous at austin.rr.com
Sat Nov 3 22:00:48 PDT 2007

Hrothny replied to Anne-Marie with:
 > We have a guy here in AnTir who's done some
 > interesting extrapolative research into "Viking" food.
 > Would you like me to "introduce" you?
 > --Anne-Marie

I'd love it. This has been like wading into a small pool only to find
that there are all sorts of hidden depths.
---------

Perhaps these files might help:
fd-Norse-msg      (61K)  7/ 3/05    Norse and Viking food.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BY-REGION/fd-Norse-msg.html
Norse-food-art     (8K)  7/26/94    Article on what the Norse ate.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/NORSE/Norse-food-art.html

I would also recommend checking Mistress Gunnora's "The Viking Answer
Lady" website, although I don't immediately see a section on her site
dealing with food.
http://www.vikinganswerlady.com/

Stefan
(Yes, I missed this the first time in my quick scan of the day's
digests. I think I was also in the hospital, then. So, still trying
to catch up with my back digests. I hope this is still of use.)
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com