[Sca-cooks] Stefan's Florilegium article for November

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 7 21:44:13 PST 2007

Greetings to the Gentles of the SCA-Cooks list,

Here is a copy of my monthly Florilegium article for November.

If you have written some good documentation for an A&S project or a
paper for an A&S contest or if you have created a handout for a
class, please consider sending them to me for possible inclusion in
the Florlegium. If A&S documentation or a class handout can stand
alone without the actual project or the class, then it may make a
good addition to the Florilegium. My standard policy is that the
copyright remains with the author and  will take updates at any time.
This means, for instance, that you can always replace your
documentation with a more polished article later. In the meantime,
folks can still be learning from the work you have done.

I am also putting together a "suggested articles" list which will be
posted on the website. If you have an idea for an article which you'd
like to read, but haven't seen anywhere, please let me know and I'll
add it to this list and perhaps someone will get inspired and write
such an article.

Thanks,
   Stefan
-----
A Blending of the Past and Present

Over the past seventeen years in an ongoing effort, I have been
collecting bits of useful information from various newsgroups, mail
lists and articles submitted to me by their authors. In order to make
this information available to others, I have placed this information
in a collection of files I call Stefan's Florilegium.

I am always interested in new articles. If you have written an
article that would be of interest to others in the SCA, please send
it to me for possible inclusion in the Florilegium. Contact me for
more details.

I am also interested in volunteers who might be interested in helping
me maintain the Florilegium. Everything from collecting materials,
editing and web work is needed. Again, please contact me for more
details.

      THLord Stefan li Rous   Ansteorra    stefan at florilegium.org

Here are the new files for this month:
In the ACCESSORIES section:
    wearng-cornts-msg    Wearing coronets at SCA events.
In the CRAFTS section:
    Lea-Hardware-art     "Leather ‘Hardware‘ for the Woodworker"
                            by Master Sven Odin Eye.
In the ENTERTAINMENT section:
    Brothel-Games-art    "Brothel Games" by Master Brusten de
Bearsul, OL, OP.
In the FOOD section:
    blue-cheese-msg      Period blue cheeses.
In the FOOD-CONDIMENTS section:
    Balled-Mustrd-art    "A Preliminary Examination of 'Balled
                            Mustard for Trips'" by THLord Æduin of
                            Skye, OLC, OHA, ODC.
In the PERFORMANCE ARTS section:
    Pipe-a-Tabor-art     "Pipe and Tabor" by Hlaford (Lord) Iohann se
pipere.
In the TEXTILE-ARTS section:
    Cloth-of-Gold-art    "Cloth of Gold" by THL Cassandra of
Glastonbury.

Here are some of the updated files.
    Atlantia-hist-msg    Histories of the Kingdom of Atlantia.
    cheese-msg           Medieval cheese. Recipes.
    peerage-vigls-msg    Comments on SCA Peerage Vigils.
    plums-msg            Period plums and plum recipes.
    rue-msg              Medieval uses of the herb "rue". Cautions.
    travel-foods-msg     Period travel foods.
---
Copyright 2007, Mark S. Harris.
Permission to reprint in SCA-related publications is hereby granted
if the file descriptions are left unchanged. Removing any of the
updated files listed in order to fit the article into limited
publication space is allowed.  The article introduction may also be
edited, provided the web address and contact info are retained.

<end>
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com