[Sca-cooks] Head Table Dishes: Was 12th Night Feast

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Nov 13 13:21:14 PST 2007

Ranvaig wrote:
>When I cooked my feast, I was told that the entire head table was comped.
>There wasn't special head table food, the same as everyone else was
served,
>but none of them paid. No Royalty, it was our Baron and his guests. How
>does this fit into this policy? I understand that it is customary to comp
royalty
>who have traveled to be there, but why would the whole head table comped?

It doesn't fit under the exchequer guidelines that were mentioned.  As to
why the whole head table would be comped, that is something the event
steward or the group would decide.  Perhaps this should be discussed before
the next event??  One possible problem with inviting people to head table
is that those being invited might not have planned to stay for feast and
therefore not paid a feast fee.  They can, of course, say that they haven't
paid and then offer to do so.  As far as I know, the local group can comp
as many people as it wishes, but then any profit will be that much less.

Alys K.

Elise Fleming
alysk at ix.netcom.com
http://home.netcom.com/~alysk/