[Sca-cooks] Need ideas for someones feast

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 14 19:10:37 PST 2007

Olwen the Odd asked for someone:
<<< Someone in Wales is doing a feast and here are the parameters of
needs:

three removes, with the first being suitable for Advent (as our feast
is before Christmas) but the second and third being documentable
Christmas feast foods.
Either recipes (with source) or links to places with recipes would be
wonderful.>>>

What were the (if any) differences between the food restrictions of
Advent vs. Lent?

Olwen, please point this individual to the food and feast sections of
the Florilegium. Without more details I'm not sure how I can help
further. These files in the CELEBRATIONS section might be of interest:
Holiday-Celeb-lnks (13K) 12/23/04   Links to medieval holiday
celebrations
                                        by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
holiday-gifts-lnks (16K) 11/11/04    Links to medieval holiday gifts
                                        by Dame Aoife Finn of Ynos Mon.
Wassail-Trad-art   (8K)  7/ 1/07    "Wassail Traditions" by THL
Johnnae llyn
                                        Lewis, CE.
Yule-msg          (26K)  6/27/05    Yule celebrations.

This file in the BEVERAGES section might help:
wassail-msg       (26K)  2/10/07    Spiced cider and ale drinks.
Traditions.

Are they looking for foods in Wales, or are they just in Wales? If
the former, this file in the FOOD-BY-REGION might be of use:
fd-Wales-msg      (28K)  7/ 1/05    Food of medieval Wales. Recipes.

Here are some Lenten feasts from the FEASTS section:
Lenten-Fst-mnu-art (9K)  4/ 4/04    The menu for a small feast in
Lent by Brekke
                                        Franksdottir.
Mid-Lent-Dnnr-art  (7K)  4/27/01    A Mid-Lenten dinner by Rudd
Rayfield.

I'm not wanting to get too overbearing on the remove vs. course
terminology, but there is also this article in the FEASTS section:
Of-Course-art     (10K)  6/22/06    "Of Course It's 'Course'! Remove
'Remove'!"
                                        by Dame Alys Katharine, O.L.,
O.P.

Stefan