[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving menu

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Wed Nov 21 09:04:50 PST 2007

I'll admit I didn't look at it in enough detail to notice the punctuation issues, but I think there's, like, half a cup of basil inside the bird, and then there's a whole cup at least in the pan? Basil's such an assertive flavor that I wouldn't want to go to all the trouble with the broths and veggies and prep work, only to end up with 12 lbs. of meat-shaped basil flavor.  (And I like basil...I just think it has its place! <g>)
9 years ago, when I was dealing with what you've had to face recently, we didn't do Thanksgiving, either.  I hadn't thought to do much of anything this year, either, until a friend happened to call--she wants the leftovers (her favorite part), so we're cooking after all.
--Maire