[Sca-cooks] Thanksgiving Menu

Stanza693 at wmconnect.com Stanza693 at wmconnect.com
Wed Nov 21 12:37:30 PST 2007

In a message dated 11/21/2007 12:13:24 PM Mountain Standard Time, Etain
writes:

> spinach salad with hot bacon dressing

If I may ask, what is your recipe for this?  It sounds like what my
grandmother called "Wilted Lettuce", which I plan to make tomorrow.

Wilted Lettuce
Huge bowl of leaf lettuces
1 lb. Bacon
1 Bunch scallions
1/3 cup Balsalmic Vinegar
2/3 cup water
Garlic salt to taste

1. Cut bacon into small pieces.  Fry it well and reserve grease.
2. In huge bowl, add lettuce, bacon bits, and diced scallions.
3. Heat grease, vinegar, water, and garlic salt in frying pan.
4. Pour over lettuce and toss.

There's only two adults and 2 small children so our menu will be smaller.

Turkey Breast & a take-off of Rachel Ray's "Stuffin Muffins"
mashed potatoes
crockpot corn
wilted lettuce
Graham Cracker Treats