[Sca-cooks] Emeril has left Food Network...

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 27 14:13:20 PST 2007

> I know some of you found him annoying, but with him and Batali> leaving, they won't have anyone on there who can actually cook...> > -- > Saint Phlip
That's true. The real cooks are gone. I hated his live audience show
that seemed like Pavlov's dogs with canned responses and the uncomfortable looking jazz guys. That show made me think of infomercials.
But his "Essence of Emeril" is actually pretty good and low-key.

As far as the cooks leaving. It's kind of like how Tech-TV was made of real life geeks and highly entertaining, then it went to G4 and the geeks were weeded out for "actresses" and "personalities" and then it became "Spike-TV" lite.

Give the masses bread and circuses and they will not trouble you.

Gunthar