[Sca-cooks] Sweet Batatas Redux

Lilinah lilinah at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 29 14:40:48 PST 2007

I know, i know, this comes up all the time. But in searching through
several years of old messages i find much discussion on New World
sweet potatoes (aka in period batatas), and mention that there exist
late 16th and early 17th C. recipes for 'em, but so far i haven't
found a direct pointer to the recipes (i'm still plowing through 86
old digests).

ISTR seeing some Spanish ones, but can't locate 'em. There has also
been mention of English recipes for them.

Rather than rehash much-referenced botanical info, can someone please
direct me to SCA-period recipes that are probably for sweet potatoes.

Thanks, and apologies for rehashing this old topic.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita