[Sca-cooks] A dessert to go with lasagne???

Helen Schultz meisterin02 at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 30 08:50:46 PST 2007

There is a lovely torte recipe in "Under the Tuscan Sun" that could still be done this time of year.  The original was done with fresh white peaches, but it still works well with frozen ones.

Folded Peach Tart with Mascarpone

Roll out your favorite crust (I love this with puff pastry) a little larger than you normally do for a pie pan. Slide onto a non-stick cookie sheet or baking dish.  Slice 4 or 5 peaches (one package of frozen works for two tarts). Mix one cup of mascarpone, 1/4 cup of sugar (this also works with equal amount of Splenda, for those on sugar restricted diets), and 1/4 cup toasted almond slices.  Combine mascarpone mixture well, then fold in the peaches.  Spoon into the center of the crust, and flop up the edges, pressing them down a bit into the fruit mixture. Don't seal over the top, be sure to leave open a 4-5" hole.  Bake at 375 degrees (F) for about 20 minutes.

This is a dreamy dessert!!

Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana) http://narrental.home.comcast.net
Middle Kingdom

The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark." -- Michaelangelo