[Sca-cooks] Sweeney Todd

Christiane christianetrue at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 30 09:27:02 PST 2007

Adamantius said:

"On a side note, I had forgotten earlier to mention my other favorite
production of Sweeney Todd: about six minute's worth of the opening of
Act II appears in Kevin Smith's movie "Jersey Girl". 17 people on
the
planet have seen it. Apart from gratuitous Ben Affleck as Sweeney,
it's actually an enormous amount of fun. George Carlin gets killed and
everything!"

Make that 19 people on the planet; my husband and I are Kevin Smith fans so we Netflixed that one. We got the biggest laughs of the movie from that scene, as the parental audience reacted in shock and horror at this adorable muppet of a girl tearing it up as Mrs. Lovett and George Carlin (playing the adorable girl's grandfather) as the fiendish barber's victim.

Now to get this back to a food topic: Sweeney Todd inspired recipes!

http://www.pbs.org/kqed/demonbarber/recipes/

Gianotta