[Sca-cooks] Williams Sonoma Turkey Cake Pan

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 4 13:36:38 PST 2007

Oh Lordy.  The cake is loosely based on a pound cake, with honey substituted
for part of the sugar, and some ground almonds and almond extract added.  To
the best of my memory (I was flying by the seat of my pants then, too):

1/2 lb. butter
3/4 C. sugar
3/4 C. honey
4 eggs
2 C. AP flour
1/4 t. salt
2 t. baking powder
1 t. almond extract
1/2 C. milk (?  I don't remember!)

Cream butter and sugar, add eggs one at a time, beating well between each.
Add honey and blend well.  Sift dry ingredients together.  Add them,
alternating with milk to which almond extract has been added.  Pour batter
into a greased/floured pan.  Bake at 325 until done.

Glaze:

1/2-3/4 C. marzipan
1/2-3/4 C. honey
1 or 2 t. rose water

Heat in heavy saucepan over low heat until marzipan is "melted" and all is
blended well.  Allow to cool slightly.  Drizzle over cooled cake.

I hope this works for you.  I have baked so many cakes of this sort that I
really do do them sort of stream-of-consciousness.

Mairi Ceilidh

Recipe?