[Sca-cooks] Boston Area visit

Elaine Koogler kiridono at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 08:21:15 PST 2007

I should have responded to this sooner...or at least when I saw you on
Saturday.  There are, in Boston, many wonderful seafood restaurants.  The
two I particularly enjoy are Legal Seafoods (originated in Boston),
Anthony's Pier Four and great oyster house that's been there for over a
century...can't remember it's name off the top of my head, but anyone in
Boston should know it.

There are so many neat museums in Boston,not the least of which is the
Isabella Stewart Gardiner museum...and the Boston Museum of Fine Arts.  The
latter has one of the finest oriental collections in the world.  One place I
found outside of Boston, in Sudbury, was the Wayside Inn...made famous by
Henry W. Lonfellow in his "Tales of a Wayside Inn".  It was a wonderful
dining experience, one I suspect you might enjoy!

It was so great to see you again...my love to you and "Thumper!"

Kiri

On 11/4/07, Olwen the Odd <olwentheodd at hotmail.com> wrote:

> > On Nov 3, 2007 5:34 AM, Louise Smithson <helewyse at yahoo.com> wrote:> I
> am going to be in the Boston area (North Chelmsford to be exact) from Sunday
> through Friday next week for training. Is there anyone on the list in that
> area? I will (hopefully) have email access at some point and can get to
> emails. Other than that I'll be at the Hawthorn Suites in North Chelmsford.>
> Helewyse>
>
> My very favorite museum is in Cambridge at the Harvard campus, here is a
> link to the glass flower Ware collection
> http://www.journalofantiques.com/Feb04/featurefeb04.htm
> I have spent countless hours standing in awe of this body of work.  The
> collection has now been moved from the odd little place it was displayed for
> years to a bigger and better place, although I have not had the opportunity
> yet to go see the new digs.
>
> Also, there used to be a wonderful little Irish pub just on the main drag
> near Central Square in Cambridge called the Plough and Stars.  Have no idea
> if it's still there but if it is, well, the crowd used to be some good
> collection of intelligent misfits.
>
> Olwen

Learning is a lifetime journey…growing older merely adds experience to
knowledge and wisdom to curiosity.
                    -- C.E. Lawrence