[Sca-cooks] New here!

Michael Gunter countgunthar at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 5 09:02:25 PST 2007

> I just joined, and I'm happy to be here.

Welcome to my Living Room. I hope you have a great time
here and learn and contribute with everyone. Welcome to the
SCA as well although this list isn't limited to just SCA folk. You
will have the opportunity to explore and learn about pretty much
anything you have an interest in.

This list has some of the greatest minds in the field of historical
cooking I've found and access to those other great minds who
aren't on here.

Don't be afraid to ask questions or post comments or share your
knowledge but also expect requests to back up facts or assumptions.
This isn't being mean but one of the major drawbacks of historical
cooking is assumptions of what "everyone knows" and then finding
out just the opposite. There is lively debate but I don't allow flaming
or stuff to get too out of hand. We are a bunch of friends gathered
together and talking about whatever a bunch of historical and cooking
geeks talk about. That can be the variations by region of the ingredients
of powdre forte or the New England Patriots. Sometimes we get off
topic but it always comes around to cooking.

> but am looking to find and join an SCA house that has a presence in the Lansing Michigan area. <

Well, I'm in Dallas so I can't help with households in Michigan. But
I'm sure someone can show you around up there.

>I am, of course, a cook and mead brewer.<

Cool. I just made my first small mead and really enjoyed it.

> Rocas
Come on in and play.

Gunthar
Evil List Administrator