[Sca-cooks] OT OOP Gallons of gravy

silverr0se at aol.com silverr0se at aol.com
Tue Nov 6 15:36:11 PST 2007

Liver is food for cats, not people IMO - most of the time. I once had some quail liver pate that was terrific.

I'm cooking a goose next week and while the giblets will go into the gravy stock the liver will go into the cats. I have 2 baby kittens who have never yet?had liver - can't wait to see their reactions!

Renata

> Why do you exclude the livers? Do they add too strong a
>taste?

personally, i find that when i simmer them with the stock
makings, it gets a little bitter.  but if i simmer them
seperately, chop them and add them at the last minute, it
adds a nice texture and taste to the already made gravy.

the pussa-cats, however, are upset at the loss of the
usual poultry treat.