[Sca-cooks] cookbook - need some help

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 9 07:49:45 PST 2007

Dear Lina:

In my opinion, you might do well to consider the new edition of Apicius,
translated by Christopher Grocock and Sally Grainger, available new on
Aamzon UK for 26 UKP.  This Roman source was heavily used throughout the
Medieval era as well.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apicius-Critical-Introduction-English-Translation/dp/1903018137/ref=sr_1_3/203-3919360-3156759?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1194623105&sr=1-3

Note that they have a special deal for this book plus Grainger's book of
"redactions" [modern recipes] for 32.50, not much more.  I liked it, I
think she was really trying to stay faithful to the original while
making recipes accessible to the modern cook.

My opinion, your mileage may vary, etc.
Selene