[Sca-cooks] OOP Flavored Short Bread

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 9 13:00:48 PST 2007

I thought of that, but saffron dissolves better in water than fat.  The
opposite is true of, say, annatto seed.

Some so-called shortbread has eggs, leavenings and other stray
ingredients, but I think those start departing from the definition of
"shortbread" which is, well, short!

Selene, who is short and should know