[Sca-cooks] flax processing (was Bread labor)

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Sat Nov 10 18:55:29 PST 2007

The first laurel in Calontir (I can't remember his name, but Margaret
probably does) grew, retted, cleaned, and spun the flax, wove it into linen,
then tailored it into garb, making his own scissors and needles in the
process.  One of his neighbors turned him into the cops for manufacturing
drugs, IIRC, during the rather smelly retting of the flax.  I believe he
documented the project.

Bear