[Sca-cooks] Head Table Dishes: Was 12th Night Feast tentative menu

Gretchen Beck grm at andrew.cmu.edu
Tue Nov 13 11:54:15 PST 2007

--On Tuesday, November 13, 2007 2:35 PM -0500 Elise Fleming
<alysk at ix.netcom.com> wrote:

> The Midrealm still does although that might taper off.  I don't know if it
> is a Society-wide rule or just Midrealm but the expenses for any special
> dish for High Table can't be reimbursed since the dish is for a limited
> group and not available to all.  At least, that's what I've heard from
> recent cooks.  Someone from the Midrealm will correct me if I'm wrong, I'm
> sure.

I believe this is a Society rule -- no personal gifts out of SCA funds,
with special high-table gifts (or special royalty room food being
considered a personal gift).

I think it falls under this statement in the local branch exchequer's
handbook:

2. Special occasion gifts to members purchased with SCA money are
disallowed because of disallowed benefit to private individuals.
(CP III) If there is a desire to buy a special occasion gift, take up a
private collection. Gifts are not prizes. Prizes require the recipient to
complete some task in order to receive the prize. Gifts have no such
pre-requisite task.

toodles, margaret